The Professional Standards Manager deputises the Head of Public Affairs and Professional Standards in coordinating our professional standards services. Working with international expert committees and a small team, you will:
- Lead and manage activities that enable ESOMAR to develop and enforce best practice and global standards to strengthen public trust and confidence in the research and insights sector.
- Develop guidelines and standards of excellence within an international environment taking fast-changing technology into account.
- Promote these standards to national and international decision makers including members, research and insights associations and regulators around the world.
- Manage an international complaints mechanism for effective handling of queries and complaints.
- Manage activities that enable ESOMAR to represent the sector to regulators and stakeholders regarding proposals that will impact the research and insights sector and forge and maintain contacts to build a strong network.
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL?
- Global Impact: As an organization with over 75 years of experience, ESOMAR plays a pivotal role in promoting market research and insights worldwide through its international code of practice. Working at ESOMAR means being part of a global effort to uphold the highest standards and ethics in the industry, making a positive impact on businesses, consumers, and society as a whole.
- Diverse Network: With a broad network of 12,000 individual professionals and 64 partner associations, ESOMAR offers a dynamic and diverse environment where you’ll have the opportunity to connect and collaborate with experts and colleagues from different countries, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Attractive Benefits: ESOMAR values its employees and offers an attractive package that goes beyond just a competitive salary. The organization provides excellent pension and vacation conditions, ensuring employees have a healthy work-life balance. Additionally, the flexibility to work from home empowers individuals to manage their schedules effectively and efficiently.
- Collaboration with Top Professionals: As part of ESOMAR, you’ll have the privilege of working alongside some of the leading practitioners in the international market research and insights sector.
- Making a Difference: ESOMAR is committed to making a real difference to the market research industry. Working here means you will be involved in shaping projects and initiatives that drive positive change and innovation, ensuring that the industry keeps pace with the evolving technological landscape.
- Promoting Diversity and Inclusivity: ESOMAR is dedicated to promoting gender equality and age and racial inclusivity in the workplace.
- Collaborative Engagement: The role at ESOMAR involves interacting with a global client base, key regulators, local market research associations, and affiliated organizations.
Our secondary benefits are:
- 25 holidays + 4 extra days appointed by top management
- ESOMAR-paid pension
- Up to 10% bonus based on Annual base Salary (subject to meeting operational targets)
- Flexible working hours
- Partial work-from-home option (minimum 2 days/week in the office)
- Working from home allowance per Dutch law
- Compensation for public transport if commuting distance exceeds 10KM
- Team building activities outside ESOMAR
- Training options to develop your skills
YOUR SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- You have an excellent level of English (other EU languages are an asset).
- Experience in market research and insights, data collection or a similar activity is a plus as is knowledge of data privacy issues.
- Experience in coordinating and managing multi-disciplinary committees would be helpful.
- You hold a university level degree in a relevant field (eg marketing or market research, business, social or political science or law) and are interested in technology.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to analyse, assess and articulate complex issues.
- You are highly proactive, flexible, energetic with a can-do attitude, intellectually curious and able to work well in a dynamic global environment.
- You are able to show diplomacy and flexibility and an abiility to build a trusted network of contacts.
- Strong leadership skills would be advantageous with a proven ability for managing people to establish objectives, delegate and supervise tasks, assess, coach, motivate and develop your team.
Interested in joining our international team?
Then we look forward to receiving your application.
You can send your CV with motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org
ESOMAR is the international association of market, social and opinion research professionals with 12,000+ individual members and over 650 corporate members in over 140 countries. It covers the insights, data and analytics sector and includes clients working in advertising, marketing, public bodies and academia.
In a world where technology is rapidly transforming the sector, ESOMAR develops and promotes guidance and an international code of practice to set essential ethical and professional standards and uphold trust and confidence in good research through self-regulation. With an international staff of around 35 employees based in Amsterdam, ESOMAR also organises a comprehensive programme of international events, webinars, training sessions and reports.